Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to do this in capture CIS simulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

manvindar

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to simulate this in capture CIS...i couldnt find LDR in the library...
**broken link removed**

Re: capture CIS simulation

Look for Cadmium sulfide photoresistor, or Cadmium sulfide anything.

Or else photocell / photodetector / photo-sensor, etc.

You may find a photo-transistor. It works almost the same as a LDR.

I don't think a Phototransistor is anything like an LDR. An LDR behaves like a resistor with a variable value. A Phototransistor behaves like a transistor and can look like an emitter follower or common emitter amplifier depending on how you connect it.

You could simply simulate with a swept resistor value. The only thing missing would be some capacitance.

Keith

I don't think a Phototransistor is anything like an LDR. An LDR behaves like a resistor with a variable value. A Phototransistor behaves like a transistor and can look like an emitter follower or common emitter amplifier depending on how you connect it.

The type of phototransistor I was thinking of is typically used either way below:

55_1345881567.gif

Similar to how a CdS cell is often used.

I didn't count the fact that a phototransistor can be sensitive and fast enough to serve as a high-speed switch (within reason).
Whereas a CdS cell responds more gradually, though still able to detect audio frequencies.

The problem is the depending on the circuit you cannot always put a phototransistor in place of an LDR where the circuit needs a resistance, not a voltage source. An example would be putting an LDR in the feedback of an opamp where the gain would change with light level. You could not easily substitute a phototransistor in that sort of circuit. Similarly you could put an LDR in place of one of the timing resistors in a 555 but not a phototransistor. It is easy to imply step or sweep a resistor value so I would have though that would have been the easy solution in most cases.

Keith.

anyone made library for LDR??

The problem is the depending on the circuit you cannot always put a phototransistor in place of an LDR where the circuit needs a resistance, not a voltage source. An example would be putting an LDR in the feedback of an opamp where the gain would change with light level. You could not easily substitute a phototransistor in that sort of circuit. Similarly you could put an LDR in place of one of the timing resistors in a 555 but not a phototransistor. It is easy to imply step or sweep a resistor value so I would have though that would have been the easy solution in most cases.

Keith.

I agree with what you say. A phototransistor is not a universal substitute for a LDR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back