Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to do the Post layout simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdz

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
post layout simulation

Hi All,

I have problem in the PLS. Before I use the diva to do the DRC and LVS then do the extracted. after that the tools generated the extracted view(it can be seen in the lib manager). to do the PLS, just change the stop view list. Now I am using the 90nm and the tools only support the calibre. In the calibre menu, I can run the DRC and LVS and error free. I don't know how to do the next for generating the extracted view. so I can do the PLS.

Thanks for any help.

CDZ

post layout simulation pex

You can do pex, and choose output view type as calibreview. After the pex has run, a schematic consist parasitic R & C will be generated. Then you can make symbol and run simulation.

select on schematic

NO PROBLEM FOR LAYOUTERS IT IS THE DESIGNERS HEADCHE.

postlayout simulation

Thanks lijianheng, I will try this.

CDZ

how to do post layout simulation

In case of DIVA,you have to ways at the least:
In both of these two methods,you can simply treat the extracted view as a schemetic view.The you can:
1.Use the CIW->export->CDL->netlist,and modify the netlist to run spice.
2.open the extracted view,start tools-> the analog enviroment,the use spectre to run the extracted layout.
Good luck!

pls post layout simulations cdl netlist

Helllo DZC,
I used the second method to do Post layout simulation and the simulation can pass. But the output ports can’t be selected on the extracted layout. so, can’t view the output port voltage. I don’t know why?
The method:
ADE->outputs->To be plotted->Select on Schematic, and can’t select the output port.
Pls help me. Thanks
Best regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back