Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How to do the hardware on sim 900 flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan Romo

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello i can't find on any of the posts how to connect the sim 900 shield to my usb in order to do the flashing . i know that is serial connection ,but how do you guys make the interface ?. thanks on advance.

the device it's shown below

sim 900.jpg

@Ivan Romo,

On seeing the pic, i guess it is the normal SIM900 GSM modem, which can be accessed serially in the debug port which has a default baud rate - 11200,8,N,1.

You meant that you want to flash your own code into the SIM900 module??

Flashing of your own application code cannot be done i suppose as i m not sure it is a Embedded AT module.

If it is a normal SIM900, you can access it only via the debug port by using SIM900 AT commands.

The module which you have shown can be used just for the communication purpose. Flashing GSM needs separate module where you have to place just the module and try to program it using some dedicated tool. Generally this would be carried out by manufacturere of GSM module itself. They will not be providing the provision for the user to do it. So if they had released any modified code for the module just raise a request to the manufacturer and they will do it for you. Hope I'm right???

Reactions: Dont

Dont

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thank you fast reply !

i am a newbie , so please be patience ,iam using arduino uno card with the sim 900 shield ,tested many samples of arduino

code that came with from the seller of the sim 900,it worked great , and did what it suppose to do except for the DTMF

detect sample sketch , i figure that my problem is that the sim 900 doesn't have the latest firmware so i would like to flash it using the :

sim 900 customer flash loader like this guys did:

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/182804/

but iam stuck on doing the wiring between my usb port and the sim 900 module , any diagram you can provide ??

thanks on advance

Status
Not open for further replies.