Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to do TCL syntax check before running by using Magma tool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris_li

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys,

I am a junior guy, I am trying Magma tool. I wonder if Magma have interpreter to check TCL script prior to running? Because if the incorrect command located near to end of script.Given no syntax check first, the tool run command one by one until terminate at incorrect command, that is not quite good!

Hi Guys,

I am a junior guy, I am trying Magma tool. I wonder if Magma have interpreter to check TCL script prior to running? Because if the incorrect command located near to end of script.Given no syntax check first, the tool run command one by one until terminate at incorrect command, that is not quite good!

Hi, You description is exactly how TCL works. It behavior like BASIC, they are not compiler before runtime but interpreted at runtime.
To try fix the problem, you need save your run result stage by stage.
Thanks.

i think u need to go through some algorithms from saraffzadeh and wong.naturally ,u can floorplan a design for high speed and also for area.when u have a design use the options in magma to constrain the design for minimum area(the tool should be using a specific algo for this).when u do the same for speed the tool should be using a different algo.so i would advise u to take a sample design like some kind of a simple processor where u have enough blocks for attaining a benchmark for minimum area specification and max speed specification.then u also may be bring power into the picture if possible.so ur first step will be to take a sample design into the tool and then start analyzing the results.

Also Ur question has the answer to your problem, If it goes wrong at the end of the script just run the command that was wrong. Modify your script and use it for later runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back