Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to do skew minimization in MAGMA CTS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

praneshcn

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Till now i am using fix clock to do CTS. Wat are the methods i need to follow to create a robust clock tree. Also i want to know how to do skew minimization in magma . i am using Magma Blast Fusion 4.2

thankz :|

MAGMA CTS

Skew is a parameter you give the CTS tool to meet, you can specify what ever you want...within reason. As far as robustness, the only thing you can do is fully specify your clocks and any ignore pins, etc. After that it is up to the CTS tool to build a robust clock tree.

Re: MAGMA CTS

Hi,

I am working on a design using Magma Blast Fusion in which the clock period is 7ns. After CTS i am getting the following values in ps,

Global Skew 310.
Local Skew 293.
Minimum Insertion Delay 525.
Maximum Insertion Delay 836.
Boundary Skew 301.

Setup Slack 118
Hold Slack 0

Can u comment on the values and the possible improvements which can be done.

Also how do we specify the skew target?

thankz

MAGMA CTS

I personally am not a Magma user, so I don't know the exact commands, but it seems to me you have a good clock already...unless the design is very small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back