Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to do panelising? Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicken_feet

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pcb panelisation

Hi all,

Would appreciate if anyone could assist me in Protel Altium DXP. Basically I need to panelise different PCB onto a single panel to save the setup cost. I could do it at two stage, one is to combine all the Protel PCB into a single Protel PCB file and generate the Gerber from there. Second method is to combined at Gerber level.

Now the problem at the PCB protel level is that different boards with the same designator will cause one of the designator to be auto incremented. For example, if there is two boards has R4 then by putting two boards together, there will be a R4_1 designator. I cannot find anyways to shut off this auto increment.

I am still researching on doing it at the Gerber side, but I find it difficult. Besides, I am wondering how do I merge the NC drill files. All the while I am used to generate the Gerber, and then follow by NC drill files. I usually will submit all these files to the manufacturer. I am wondering, even if I managed to merge all the Gerber files of different board, how do I merge the NC drill files? (so that there will be a single NC drill file?)

Would CAM350 help in this case? Anyone has a copy of that?

If anyone has any idea, please help out. Very much short of time.

Thanks.

Best rgds,
chicken_feet

panelising

Hi,

Check this link,refer this link for panelising...

**broken link removed**

Regards,

Ramesh

pcb panelisation?

Hi
Generate gerber and nc drill files and import into Cam350, gerbtool, camtastic to do panelizattion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back