Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to do noise simulation for switched Cap Filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tumati

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can I do noise simulation for switched capacitor filter in Cadence Spectre Simulator? Thanks.

Since you have CDS spectreRF, it will be much easier to simulate the noise of SCF using PSS simulation. You can find the pertinent info from User Manual.

Could you please tell me how to do the settings for the PNOISE analysis? If the clock frequency is fclk, and the bandpass filter bandwidth is fl3db to fh3db. I can not find the settings in the manual for cadence. Thanks a lot.

tumati said:
Could you please tell me how to do the settings for the PNOISE analysis? If the clock frequency is fclk, and the bandpass filter bandwidth is fl3db to fh3db. I can not find the settings in the manual for cadence. Thanks a lot.

Read the spectre reference manual. If you have Cadence, then your institution/company has the documentation on UNIX servers, and the docs should be public to all unix users.

Read Ken Kundert' s paper at www.designers-guide.com - the tricks of simulation are perfectly expressed there. He also provides the files for an example, you can learn how to run Spectre from there (although you'd still better find Cadence documentation..)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back