Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to do functional coverage using NCVHDL and System Verilog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhi_k11

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to do functional coverage using ncvhdl and system verilog. Does ncvhdl support system verilog constructs?

Re: functional coverage

for functional coverage,you should first cordinate with the design team to list the function point in the spec ,then the tool is easy to use! The most important is the define of the function point!

I have actually done functional coverage for verilog desing using system verilog. Ncverilog supports system verilog. The same thing I want to do for my vhdl design. I have gone through ncvhdl docs and found that system verilog constructs are not supported. Do I have to use mixed languages simulation for this purpose?

I just want to know how to proceed and do functional coverage for vhdl design using system verilog.

Please let me know.

abhi_k11 said:
I have actually done functional coverage for verilog desing using system verilog. Ncverilog supports system verilog. The same thing I want to do for my vhdl design. I have gone through ncvhdl docs and found that system verilog constructs are not supported. Do I have to use mixed languages simulation for this purpose?

I just want to know how to proceed and do functional coverage for vhdl design using system verilog.

Please let me know.

As such VHDL language doesn't support func cov and hence you need to use mixed language sim - SV has bind that can be bound to VHDL (in Questa & VCSMX - not sure of IUS).

Ajeetha, CVC
www.noveldv.com

also the system verilog support the functional covreage statement!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back