Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to do DC to DC converter ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

myominlatt

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
DC to DC converter

hello my friends
i want to know how to do switching control i means 12V to 6V and other, this affects i used motor control,means 6V to control low speed and visa.so i don't know possible or not.Is it Needing to change motor coil.
thanks please help me.

Re: DC to DC converter

If you are going from 12V to 6V you need a buck converter with a duty ratio of around 0.5. You have to choose the frequency of the PWM control based on your filtering elements. Since you are going to control a motor armature, the inductance and resistance of the armature will determine how much current ripple that you have on the armature given the operating frequency.

Have you done a google search yet? If not, please try searching for "buck converter" "step-down converter" "dc-dc converter" "switching regulator" . All these will return plenty of documents.

You might want to start with this **broken link removed**
In particular, you might want the section on the Buck (step-down) converter
http://www.powerdesigners.com/InfoWeb/resources/pe_html/ch07s1/ch07s1p1.htm

Hope this gets you started.

Best regards,
v_c

Status
Not open for further replies.