Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to do CTS for MUX Clock using Astro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hgby2209

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My clock generate circuit's structure is as the following Fig.
clk_src & clk_1 & clk_2 are create clock point, and I want clk_1 & clk_2 are balanceed.

Could anyone tell me how to do CTS using Astro for this case?

CTS for MUX Clock

Manually balance upto the mux, run CTS on the points after the mux and constrain both trees to have the same insertion delay.

Re: CTS for MUX Clock

Why not let Astro do the whole thing. It will usually do a better job than is possible by human.

1- Specify a clock source (frequency, jitter and so on....).
2- Specify all other clocks as generated clocks sourced from the source clock.
3- Tell Astro to insert a BCT on all these clocks, including the master clock trunk.

rakko said:
Why not let Astro do the whole thing. It will usually do a better job than is possible by human.

1- Specify a clock source (frequency, jitter and so on....).
2- Specify all other clocks as generated clocks sourced from the source clock.
3- Tell Astro to insert a BCT on all these clocks, including the master clock trunk.

the thing is that, you can just balance all the generated div2, div3, dib6......clocks together with the root clock. Then the clk1 & clk2 generated from the MUX output are inherently balanced. The delay form the div2,div3.....clock to the MUX input must be the same.

BTW, waht does BCT stand for?

BCT must be balanced clock tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back