Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to do Copper Fill in Proteus Ares

Status
Not open for further replies.

eebhoi01

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

Anyone knows how to make a copper fill design in proteus ares? I already know how to use proteus except for having a copper fill design. Please anyone who have the skills please tell me how to ^_^,

Thanks

The copper fill can be created with the zone mode (6th icon from top), to create it you either left click and drag the cursor (square shape) or use multiple left clicks to make a polygon but you have to close the shape (where it started).
Then you will see a dialog, select the net where this pad will be connected (usually gnd) the layer and how it will be shown, default is dimmed but I prefer normal, after it is created you can edit it using the cursor and double clicking in the border of the shape.
Play with the settings to get the feeling for it.

Alex

I tried doing that but copper fill doesn't merge with the existing route.
see the picture below.
View attachment untitled.bmp

2nd picture is the original picture. I want to merge the copper fill with the route.
How to do it?

There is a net selector too in the fill dialog so select the net you want to connect it to

Do you have a schematic for the board you are trying to make?
Is a ground and power supply connected ?

If there is no schematic then there are no nets defined so none is shown, I'm not sure there is a way to use the fill tool.
Try to use the rectangular SMD pad mode instead, the red square icon in the left panel and place a few pads to cover the area you want, there are many sizes available.

Alex

If i make the schematic now. then is it possible to use the netlist in existing ARES model or i have to re-route everything?

I think it will take some time to convert.
The placed packages are not referring to components so they will have to be renamed and I'm not sure about the tracks that aalso don't refer to schematic nets .
I haven't done anything like that.

I manually created the net list using the Ratsnet Mode on the left Panel and now the Zone Mode works fine.

Thanx for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back