Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to divide XTAL Frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rooftop

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to convert xtal pll

Hi everyone,

i need about 7,37 MHz and 3,6864 MHz but i only have 14,74 MHz here. My question is can i use simple counter to generate them because 7,37 Mhz is only half of my Xtal and 3,6864 is only about a quarter of my xtal?
If anyone ever experienced this problem please give me some advice and some schematic. Thanks for your attention

Best Regards

xtal divide

use ordinary digital logic counters. A 74HC7474 can divide by two by putting the Qnot output back to the D input. If you oscillator output is a small sine wave, use a high speed comparator to convert it to logic levels.

Rooftop

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
74hc7474

Thanks for the repply
So i just need counter right? Did i need some PLL or another? my plan is using GAL because i have some spare of it and i want to connect the output to my AVR,so what configuration of clock for the AVR that i should use?.By the way thanks again for the repply.

Best regards

frequency from xtal

Hi

Use a simple deced counter - but remembe etch devide section on the counter need one F/F - limited resource on a GAL device

For instance if you need to divide by 4 you will need 4 F/F from the GAL

All the best

Bobi

Status
Not open for further replies.