Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to divide speed equally in a DSL network?

Status
Not open for further replies.

El-Hadidy

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Good day,

We are a group of five sharing a DSL connection at 256 Kbps. The lowest speed possible for one user should be 6.4 KB/s when all users are working together.

One of the users is using download accelerator and by this he is the only one making use of the DSL connection as the speed become aroud 700 byte/s for other users.

Is there a general software that can be downloaded in the router to make the speed equal for all users?

Thanks

EL-Hadidy

DSL network

hi el hadidy
if u wanna do so u gotta make one pc as a server

Re: DSL network

Thanks for your help but how can I make one PC as a server.
Do you have any steps to do that?

Thanks

EL-Hadidy

Re: DSL network

El-Hadidy:
I think your network have a switch as a core to distribuite connections to the terminals and i´m sure you have a router like zyxel or cisco connected directly to the switch.

:?: Is that right? .

:idea: In order to be able to help you I need if you can post a diagram of the network .

:?: Do you want to mount the server in Windows or linux?
:?: If it´s linux, What is the distribution that you use?
:?: If it´s Windows, What server version of it you arrange?

Best R.
Guille

DSL network

it is very simple you can use bandwidthcontroller software for controll in windows and you can use iptable in linux

Status
Not open for further replies.