Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to display JPGs on TV set ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayeong

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Display JPGs on T.V

Hi,

Anybody got any idea on how to display pictures taken by digital camera (JPEG) to be displayed on the T.V ?

Anybody got any previous project (schematic), reference ebook or link to share ?

Thanks

Re: Display JPGs on T.V

How to you get pictures from camera to this new jpegtv device? (o;

Easiest way (o; Burn CD and put into dvd player...

No...seriously...some mpeg2 decoders are able to display jpeg as well...though expensive solution and probably you don't get any of those chips (at least I didn't ;o).

Another might be to use an FPGA to do the video timing/encoding/dac feeding. Maybe JPEG decompression as well...

Can you tell more about how your hardware should be?

- Single PCB with CF slot and CVBS output?
- Networked?

Basically, I have CF card with JPEGs in it.

If I were to use a video encoder which accept CCIR-601 format to display NTSC/PAL (e.g. from Analog Devices), how am I suppose to convert those JPEGs to CCIR-601 format ?

And can a 8bit microcontroller in between a CF card and video encoder fast enough to do the job ?

Thanks

There are lot of source codes around for jpeg compression/decompression...search either sourceforge or freshmeat...

I don't think your 8 bit controller would be fast enough to feed the video encoder...would suggest some cpld/fpga glue logic to do the timing/buffer readout...

What about another digital camera? (o;

My Ixus 400 has built-in cvbs output (o;

Hi Davorin,

I still could not find any link or information about converting from JPGs to CCIR-601 digital format.

Could you share with me on those information ?

Information such as what kind of alogrithm need to be applied to the JPG, file information (headers & etc).

Thanks

There is no direct jpeg-to-ccir-601 conversion...Since jpeg is still image and ccir-601 varies over time (o;

You need to decompress jpeg to YUV components (guess this is what most video encoders use). Look for jpeg2yuv sources...part of mjpeg tools. If you´re able to compile and run it on your target CPU you´re half way there (o;

Then you feed the YUV image to the video encoder...so you need an image RAM which is read by the encoder continously...

How does one implement the continous reading of image information from RAM with the ability to update the RAM anytime for a new image? Are there any reference design circuits for this type of memory architecture?

- Jayson

Look at some RAM controller implementation in CPLD/FPGA or VGA controller designs...

You might want to checkout opencores.org for this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back