Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] how to disconnect bluetooth connection once connected without reset pulse

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirtan

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using AUBTM-20 Bluetooth modules.

I want to have one module acting as master connected to PC over serial port and other 3 to 4 modules acting as slave connected to various micro controller based systems also over serial port.

Master module is required to collect data from each slave module one at a time at a regular interval.

I am able to configure modules as slave and master using AT commands. Master is also able to identify the slave present around (AT+INQ). Master is also able to connect to one of the slave (AT+CON) in SPP profile. Slave and master are able to communicate like to serial devices.

However once i connect master stops accepting any AT command and hence after connecting when i want to disconnect particular connection then i am not able to do that using AT+DCON

From literature i got to know that once connected master can be disconnect only by giving reset pulse on respective pin. Is this the only way?

As my master is connected to PC over RS232 connection how to manage giving reset pulse to the board?

kindly help

Post the datasheet of bluetooth module. You don't have to reset mcu to disconnect bluetooth connection.

If your Bluetooth module has a pin for reset then connect it to any digital output pin of mcu and in the code make that pin low to reset bluetooth. Do it after you have sent the data.

Do you have the pin out of bluetooth module?

Pin 17 is the reset input pin and it is active low. So, you have to send logic 0 to reset it. Connect pin 17 of module to a digital output pin of mcu and make that pin low to reset module.

You bt module is 3.3v device and if your mcu is 5v device then you have to use level translator between bt module and mcu.

Attachments

• bt.jpg
    bt.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

Post the datasheet of bluetooth module. You don't have to reset mcu to disconnect bluetooth connection.

If your Bluetooth module has a pin for reset then connect it to any digital output pin of mcu and in the code make that pin low to reset bluetooth. Do it after you have sent the data.

Do you have the pin out of bluetooth module?

Pin 17 is the reset input pin and it is active low. So, you have to send logic 0 to reset it. Connect pin 17 of module to a digital output pin of mcu and make that pin low to reset module.

You bt module is 3.3v device and if your mcu is 5v device then you have to use level translator between bt module and mcu.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have attached the data sheet. I agree with you that a reset pulse can be given for disconnecting master. But the problem is that my master is not connected with microcontroller board it is connected to PC over RS232 and hence problem is how to manage resetting the BT module?

Attachments

• bluetooth_datasheet.pdf
    246.1 KB · Views: 235

Then you can't reset from PC. See if there is any reset command for bluetooth module. Post the Command set of the module.

See page 8 here http://iran-micro.com/txt_file/AUBTM_20_22_External_commands.pdf

There is a AT+REBOOT command to reboot the module.

Thanks for the input. I tried sending AT+REBOOT to disconnect master and slave however as other AT commands the module did not recognized the command and took it as a data to be sent to the slave...

kindly suggest

Status
Not open for further replies.