Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to disassamble laptop charger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ME

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I need to disasamble a Delta Electonics laptop AC/DC adapter like this one:
http://www.delta.com.tw/product/ps/adapter/adapter_product.asp?pcid=1&ptid=1
c8_1_b.JPG

Maybe it's glued togther or something.
How do I disassamble it without destroying the box?

Thanks in advance,
ME

Impossible without damaging the box. It is glued. But if you carefully cut at the sides using a fine saw, you can open it, repair and glue it back.

use an electric saw with some stopper in order to not penetrate more than some mm inside.
I already opened some PWS like this one and put them back

if you have one of those speed controlled drillers put a cutting circular fine tip and cut the box carefully at the joint between the 2 parts but do not go deeper than 2 mm as you will find the heat sink metal of the switching mosfet.After that try by hand with a fine knife slowly and you're done.
After the repair use SUPER ATTACK glue!!!

It worked for me!

regards

maXer

Oh....yes as techie said you have to cut it out. I did it manually with a fine hexsaw blade...on my Panasonic cordless adapter to replace its transformer!!! But unfortunately the gap grew wide enough to be glued again!! I don't really know why they ignore a scew type box.......

Jack// ani said:
I don't really know why they ignore a scew type box.......

to give us more hard work! i also have many of this to disasemble and must be done with carefull to after glue it back. i just have some that after glued went for insurance and they never tell me nothing that was open so i assume they have not seen it was open before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back