Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to disable some clock gating check in SDC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lx1019

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all ,

When doing STA using PT. It reports some unnecessary violations of the **clock_gating_default** group.

From the PT manual, I find out by using the PT command "set_disable_clock_gating_check cells" could disable these unnecessary checking.

But how to disable them in SDC file? So that the backend tool don't care these unnecessary checking.

Take a AND gate as a clock gating cell for example. When I use "set_false_path -to [get_cells AND]" ,

PT gives warning that the AND cell is not a valid endpoint.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Hi,
clock gating checks are not unnecessary checks...
Your design should not have any clock gating violations.
you can disable clock gating checks using set_disable_timing also...
You can ask PT to dump only REG2REG/REG2OUT/IN2REG paths using -group option in report_timing...
Hi all ,

When doing STA using PT. It reports some unnecessary violations of the **clock_gating_default** group.

From the PT manual, I find out by using the PT command "set_disable_clock_gating_check cells" could disable these unnecessary checking.

But how to disable them in SDC file? So that the backend tool don't care these unnecessary checking.

Take a AND gate as a clock gating cell for example. When I use "set_false_path -to [get_cells AND]" ,

PT gives warning that the AND cell is not a valid endpoint.

Thanks!

Yes, the clock gating is not unnecessary.
But some cells that PT takes as a clock gating cell is not the real clock gating cells we want.
For example, a MUX that select several clocks to output for debug purpose.

I don't want to disable all the clock gating checks, but only the unnecessary.
Now my solution is using "set_false_path -through clk_gating_cell" .
Is there any other better solution?

why can't you try "set_disable_clock_gating_check <<cell name/pinname>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back