Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to DFT for design with scan_mode is not a primary input

Status
Not open for further replies.

wkong_zhu

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In my design, scan_mode(TEST_MODE) is a internal register output pin, I have no more pin dedicated for scan_mode function, because the chip is PAD limited. Some one can help me. How to write script in DC and Teramax.

you can multiplex normal mode I/O data pins for Test ip/op etc.. but atleast one extra pin is reqd for enabling testmode.

Re: How to DFT for design with scan_mode is not a primary in

Hi,

I think to DC there is no different if SCAN-ENABLE or TEST-MODE are dirven inside the chip or from the pad.

Regards,
Eng Han

HI wkong_zhu
I am not sure about your concern. But I will give my understanding of your question. There is two ways.

1. Seperate your DFT module from your scan_mode generation module. Sometime, your scanmod is generated from clock_gen or clock_mux or serial port. Commonly, this module is not on the scan chain. So for the scanned module. It must have a scanmode signals. Use set_test_hold to set this ports.
When you doing ATPG simulation, you can use a wrapper to instant your scanned module and scan mode signal generation module. It is top level scan simulation.

2. You can use set_case_analysis command to set scanmode to constant value in the internal pin. But it is not perferrable. So use method 1 is good one.

Good luck

Thank you, I have tried a method to add a pseudo test_mode pin in DC, then I modified synthesized netlist to remove the test_mode, and make internal test_mode net connect with that register output pin, then, I modify the SPF file, After that Teramax and generate pattern successfully, I use full scan method. It's so complicated! I have spent so much time doing that!

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back