Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to determine the memory needed for HFSS simulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomerang

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
site:www.edaboard.com hfss memory error

Hi,

Please can someone tell me how to determine the required Memory size needed when setting up a simulation in HFSS. For some reasons, the program keeps stopping in the middle of simulations and returning "...insufficient memory" error message. Thks.

Re: HFSS memory

hi

while simulating you will find two problems regarding the memory. firstly , the simulation time . with 512MB ram and 2 GB free hard some of my simulations lasted 2hours 30 minutes.
secondly , at the middle of simulation stop happens because of insufficient VIRTUAL MEMORY.

to solve the problems::::::::::
1 try to have enough mem on your hard disk in drives which you have installed hfss and your system drive.
2 have fast and enough RAM ::: 1GB is suitable of the mark and model DDR400

good luck

>512M

I was getting this problem somtimes. To fix it, I changed my sweep from fast to interpolating and decreased the radiation box to just over a quarter wavelength in size around the object. The interpolating sweep just gives better results and doesn't take much more time. kj.

u can set the temporary folder of ur user on another partition which has more free space, to do this goto control panel | system | Advanced Tab | Enviornment Variables

change the user variable and system variable for TEMP and TMP to wherever u have more space.

then goto HFSS | Tools | options | general options
and change the temp directory to that folder.

u can do step 2 without doing step 1 if your temp folder is not located on the full partiotion. that's obvious !:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back