Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to detemine which metal layer used for SRAM/subblock power ring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris_li

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guy,

I am junior, I want to ask a foolish question, in general, selecting which layer for SRAM/subblock power ring? Is there any routine or experience?

Thanks.

Hi Guy,

I am junior, I want to ask a foolish question, in general, selecting which layer for SRAM/subblock power ring? Is there any routine or experience?

Thanks.

Hi chris,

if you know, which metal layer is being used out SRAM/sub block, then prefer same metal for your ring creation.

but if your SRAM is a macro, then your approach would be different, and various factors to be considered before using any particular metal layer.

In general:
most likely the same metal layer as out side your block for mesh and/or if your design is working on single voltage domain.

why do you want to have a dedicated power ring for each ram?, you could connect by a grid upper the RAM?
some ram have already an internal power ring, some not...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back