Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to detemine a bias voltage for class B FET amplifier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boy

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
class b fet

I have a question on how to detemine a bias voltage for class B FET amplifier. If the data sheet have a pinch off voltage. Can I use that? I also did a DC trace and plot Ids vs Vgs. I try to use the Vgs that Ids start to take off but it seems that it does not work for some FET? any sugestion how to find a good bias point for FET. I use most Motorolla product since it has a design kit in @DS. some FETs in there I can do class B but some i cannot. The waveform is not look nice as in Crips book. I have try Crips book statz model in Crips book in @DS. It look very good. I dont know how good is statz model copare to motorolla design kit model? any sugesstion?

Re: FET class B bias.

Your best bet for class B bias would be to adapt a veriable voltage ajustment to bring the FET into conduction. You would then be able to control the crossover distortion . I believe the last complimentry pair of FETs I set up were biased to 70 ma drain current.

Barrybear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back