Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to detect sensor signal/output in PC? (PC and Circuit Interface)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandwich25

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to interface a IR Proximity Sensor with Personal Computer for our project. Is it okay if usb will be used? Is it possible to interface without using a microcontroller? What should I do to be able a PC detect a signal from a sensor? And by using Visual Basic 6.0, how a form will pop up once the sensor was triggered?

I've search a lot in google but still can't get the right answer. :cry: Please give me some advice regarding my problems.
Thaaaaaankssss! :smile:

Those are some pretty broad questions. First of all, if your IR sensor doesn't have a USB output, then you'll need some kind of sensor-to-USB converter.

If your sensor output is a logic-level, then there are inexpensive digital I/O boards available that you can install in your pc, as well as digital i/o to usb converters.

Your VB form question is a total non-sequitur. One thing at a time!! You have to figure out what your hardware is first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back