Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to detect chipset in Bluetooth USB Adapter + A2DP query

Status
Not open for further replies.

KamalS

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I bought a few of those $2 external Bluetooth USB dongles over ebay, and would like to know what chipsets they use.

1. Short of physically taking them apart, is there any software tool that can show me this information?

2. I would like to connect the speaker and mic of my Bluetooth enabled phone to the speaker and mic audio points of my laptop : just so that I can use my cellphone to chat with my friends over Skype instead of using a mic + headset connected to my laptop.

Can this be done using those dongles (using perhaps A2DP : I don't know if the dongles I bought support A2DP - any way to find that out?)

I can use any tool that can run on Windows 7 or Ubuntu

Just check out whether you Laptop has an inbuilt blue tooth..If It has checkout the things you can do with it. I think you can directly use your Bluetooth mic and speaker with the blue tooth of your laptop if any.

properties of the device is shown by the bluesoleil software or is it something shown by the OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.