Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to detect audio input??

Status
Not open for further replies.

david90

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How do you detect when a male audio connector is inserted into a female audio connector? I guess I can watch out for the presence of an audio signal when the male connector goes into the female but then what if the signal audio is silence?

What i want to do is similar to when u insert the headset male connector into a cell phone. When the cell phone detects that u have inserted the audio plug, it disabled speaker output and ouput to the headset instead.

The female connector you find for headphone has internel mechanical switch to achive this. By using these switches you can route the signals as you want when plug is inserted and removed.

Is this internal switch in every female audio connector because the one I got only has 3 prongs sticking out. Gnd, Left chan and right chan.

Obviously not. They are with switch and have 5 pins or without them with 3 pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back