Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to detect a rising edge in pwm and count the number of + and - cycles in a pwm???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akshay H V

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

i m working on pwm in lpc1768 .i want to know is it possible to get to know that when exactly is my pwm signal rising edge and falling edge is happening and how to count the number of rising edges if it is possible.................?

Hello there,

Please excuse me because I didn't get you fully. Let me clarify one thing are you taking pwm as a feedback?? to MCU?? .. then use Input capture module (the best option) or use change notification(for checking purpose only). The input capture module is used to capture a timer value from one of two selectable time bases upon an event on an input pin.

The input capture module has multiple operating modes which are selected via the register.
The operating modes include:

• Capture timer value on every falling edge of input applied at the ICx pin
• Capture timer value on every rising edge of input applied at the ICx pin
• Capture timer value on every 4th rising edge of input applied at the ICx pin
• Capture timer value on every 16th rising edge of input applied at the ICx pin
• Capture timer value on every rising and every falling edge of input applied at the ICx pin
• Device wake-up from capture pin during CPU Sleep and Idle modes

Best regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back