Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to desin "start/pause button" in verilog

Status
Not open for further replies.

thuyet

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
verilog button

dear

Someone can help me how to design as a pause button. It means that when we first active it :=> it is START and next we press again :=> it is PAUSE .and continue

someone help me ideas please

Thank you very much:D

verilog pause

you maybe set 1 bit in register as start/pause_n signal, when you write 1 to this register, it starts,while wirte 0, it pause.

BR.
ls000rhb

verilog pause

If the start/pause button is operated by a 'human' the dont forget to use 'key debounce' . Well when a human presses a button, it generates a noisy wave before setteling to a logic value. You will have to filter out this 'noise' or nothing would work as expected. Its very simple to do, just look for it in google.
Kr,
Avi
http://www.vlsiip.com

verilog button

how to desin "start/pause button" in verilog ?

If I had understood your question I thing you should use a Finite State Machine.
Electrically speeking avimit gave you a solution if the button will be mechanically activated.

pause in verilog

You need some debouncing circuits, since everytime you press the button, the circuit receives multiple pulses instead of one transition.

Check out this project!
**broken link removed**

verilog long pressed button

I agree with master_picengineer

You can use FSM to design these functions. if pause is pressed, the state can remain. The state will go on until the start is pressed.

You can try it, good luck!

B.R.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back