Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to design the interface circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronic_satya

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I will briefly explain my setup and shown as an attachment

1. The hardware board 1 on its output pin gives 24V and depending on the resistance value it gives out X amps current.

2. I have another hardware board-2 which is capable of reading up to 24V but the current capability is limited to some 100mAmps.

3. Now my requirement is to interface the hardware board -1 and hardware board -2 through some interface board so that only 24v appears on the input of Hardware board -1 and very little current comes in.

could somebody suggest me the design of the interface board i hope some opamp circuit will work?

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
satya

Attachments

• cktclarification.PNG
    cktclarification.PNG
    12 KB · Views: 93

I do not understand your problem. You have a resistor with +24V across it (from hardware board 1) and you want to feed the 24V to another board - whats wrong with a piece of wire, the current hardware board 2 depends on its input impedance. If the input impedance is too low (so diverting too much current), then you need a buffer amp that reduces the current and increases its input impedance.
Frank

Hi Frank,

Thank you for the reply. Yes exactly I need a buffer amp circuit, could you please suggest me some circuits I never designed any hardware circuit.

Thanks and regards,
Satya

Hi,
Thank you for the reference circuit. But i have a single 24V supply from which i have to acheive the buffer circuit, is it possible to do it? The design in link requires a -5V source.

Thanks and regards,
satya

You can simply make -5V using 7805 3 terminal voltage regulator IC. Hope you are familiar with that. You can refer 78xx series datasheet here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back