Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to design the channel length of transistors in this SA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slchen

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sense amplifier design

Deal all:

I am designing a sense amplifier for a SRAM.
however, how to design the channel length of the transistors in this SA?
Can I use the minimun channel length?

Thanks a lot.

slchen

Re: sense amplifier design

I am not familiar with sense amplifier but I guess you should use the shortest L for highest speed ( as typical of digital circuits )

sense amplifier do not need high gain, so high speed is the critical

while there is a problem to consider is about the matching device, by using minimum channel length, once there is a process shift for delta L, you will get big offset easily, so when I am design the differential device or some other matching devices for the senseamp in a flash memory, I choose not to use the minimum size, instead, add 20% for safe.

mdcui said:
while there is a problem to consider is about the matching device, by using minimum channel length, once there is a process shift for delta L, you will get big offset easily, so when I am design the differential device or some other matching devices for the senseamp in a flash memory, I choose not to use the minimum size, instead, add 20% for safe.

is this 20 % something like a rule to thumb or you are just adding it by yourself... just to know....

You may use the lowest value of MOS channel length to minimize the Cgs to increase the speed of your sense amplifier.
I recommend you to read Jacob Baker "CMOS: Design, Layout and Simulation" 2-nd edition. There is a chapter or article about sense amps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back