Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to design spiral inductor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kella

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to design a inductor

Hello friends

I have designed UWB LNA in @DS with ideal inductors. Now I have to replace the ideal inductors with real ones using momentum.

I need some tutorials or lecture notes on designing the inductor. I can not choose the inductors from the @DS library as I have to design spiral inductor myself.

Waiting for your replies.

thanks.

/Kella

I'm not really familiar with momentum, but you can design an inductor using ASITIC and use the lumped model in your design.

**broken link removed**

isnt there any one who designed spiral inducto? or my question is not very clear? I need to design it as soon as possible.

/kella

kella said:
isnt there any one who designed spiral inducto? or my question is not very clear? I need to design it as soon as possible.

/kella

Some papers can help you. I have designed many inductors on silicon and simulated in Momentum.

Advanced Model Composer is a good tool for your project

hpads said:
Advanced Model Composer is a good tool for your project

how can I design the inductor using Advanced Model Composer? Any hint !!

/kella

experts please help me

Here's a reasonable paper from Agilent. Hope it helps.

h**p://www.techonline.com/community/ed_resource/feature_article/14911

h**p://rfic.eecs.berkeley.edu/~niknejad/asitic.html

Hi,
I believe this will answer to you question

David

There is a little program called wairl.exe, it will give you accurate results for a practical spiral inductor. Hope this helps, it give pitch, stretch, winding, q, diam...allof theparams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back