Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to design DPLL? Request for resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

cslover

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
DPLL

How to design DPLL. if you have doc about DPLL, please send it to me .
Thanks advance.

Hi

You can look at :

h**p://w*w.actel.com/documents/s04_18.pdf

Reactions: yezwe

yezwe

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I am very interested in this topic too.
Any more in-depth info ?

Hi

There is also this ap note from Texas Inst.

h**p://www-s.ti.com/sc/psheets/sdla005b/sdla005b.pdf

A DPLL is consist of 3 parts typically:pD,K counter and the I/D divider.
PD:phase detector, is used to detect the phase difference between the incoming signal(Ref Frequency) and the output of the DPLL(fedback from the output); PD will output the up or dn signals to indicate the phase difference.

K counter functions as a loop filter,it will output a carry or borrow pulse when the counter equal to the predefined K, and the counter is gotten via sampling the up/dn signals output from PD.

I/D divider is a controlled divider.It will output a central frequency by dividing a particular number. However, the division ration will be controlled by the carry/borrow pulse from the K Counter.

the output of the I/D divider will be feed back to the PD.

Then a phase locked LOOP is constructed!!

I have just finished demo,the most difficult thing is programmable frequence generation,The PD can be finded at @ltera,it is good.but i have not find a good way to know whether the verifying freqence is the same of the reference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back