Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to design an USB based XDS510

Status
Not open for further replies.
usb xds510

I've tested some kind of JTAG, mad in China...
As the test result, 2 kind of JTAG works...

The first is XDS510 clone...
However, I recomend the other TDS510 clone version...

Maybe It's about 100$..
**broken link removed**

This maybe not works with C6000, because the trigger timing is slow..
If this works with C6000, add a fast buffer...
This is "bad tck transition" problems...

Last edited by a moderator:

ezdsp clone

I recomend this one, comparing with the xds510 clone version...
This is a good tools for hungry developer...

It's cheaper than the xds510 jtag clone...
Maybe about 80$, I think...

**broken link removed**

Perhaps this version also has the bad tck transition problems....
but works good with C2000...

ftdi xc9536

up

usb jtag tms320 -bay -cost -ebay

very good

self made xds510

Hi everybody!
i'm staring dsp. I want to study ti'dsp. xds510 is wonderful. But it expensives with me.

schematic xc9536xl

Maybe some chinese-speaking people could try to upload for us the file here :

**broken link removed**

I really don't understand what to do to be able to get it.

Thank you !

tms320-jtag-usb schematic

perhaps the data is right

tms320-jtag schematic

Is this project over?
I'm expecting some progress and hope to hear more stories..
I have checked through from the very beginning of this forum and found some possibility to design my own clone.
DAQCHINA gave some nice reference, and that can be easily converted into a CPLD via simple VHDL coding.
It 'however' require some assurance that the reference is very correct and the VID/PID for e2prom is correct.
As I understood through this forum, for successful conversion, I need followings
- the CY7C63001 will require a control code and VID/PID for proper downloading(They must be correct).
- The GAL equation in the reference should be correct to be converted into CPLD.

- Tck transition can be fixed on CPLD

Did anyone try this ?
If somebody tested, hope to share the result.
I'm gonna start to design my own clone based on the reference.

Thank you ..

tms320-jtag olimex+schematic

Hi dsj

Could u pls share your USB schematic.
I am designing a USB Emulator like XDS510.
Pls help.

sandhya

nckulc said:
dsj said:
Hi,everybody! I have just complished the board of usb jtag emulator with a act8990,xc9536 and cypress68013.Now I have used other company's xc9536 in my board and it worked correctly.However,I can't write the vhdl code for xc9536 by myself.Who can help me?Please give me some advices?
P.S:If somebody need,i will upload my schemetic and pcb of my usb emulator.

Added after 9 minutes:

I have complished the dsp usb2.0 emulator too,but i use @ltera 7032 cpld to replace
xc9536,because i can't write the vhdl code in xc9536 too.why don't you use @ltera cpld ???

gsm forum

Hi
By the way
In Moskow DSP guys already developed more advanced 510 device
**broken link removed**

Here is full documentation
**broken link removed**

jtag для tms320 схема

pls tell me in which tool we can open the schematics?

thank u

hacking xds510 usb jtag

eltonjohn says:
But i will raise an exception every time CCS tries to access the parallel port hardware and gain control and re route the commands or data through the FTDI drivers.

----------------

I'v tried to capature the parallel data between Sdconfig and xds510 using PortMon,
bud get nothing. It seems that the Sdconfig never use parallel driver, it use "out" instruction directly(enter the kernal mode and get the right to access poart under
win2K and winxp).

Do you have more detialed description about the data capature? The CCS is a
process and how to catch exception in it(my understanding is that using another
process to catch the exception, as the Lorenzo Lutti in xds510_win did).

open usb jtag for tms320 schematic

Is there anyone has shecmatic of TMS320-JTAG adaptor?
Thanks.

Re: xds510 schematic

eltonjohn said:
I needed an emulator XDS510 and they are so pricy .So i'm in the process of designing one
But i will go with USB so i can power the chips too..

Here is the first schematic .I will update it later !
I intent to use the parallel port drivers of the original XDS510 ..But i will raise an exception every time CCS tries to access the parallel port hardware and gain control and re route the commands or data through the FTDI drivers.

By the way i just passed the 1000 post mark!!

This is basically the idea ..by using the 256 lower addresses of the FT232C in MCU host mode to drive the high byte of the TAP 74ACT8990 in one single WRITE(16 bit ) MCU ACCES
But for reading is a little more problematic .SO i was compelled to get the 16 bits in two MCU 8 bit read accesses .Once again by using the higher addresses to enable the latching of the second byte to be read in a the next MCU 8 bit access cycle .!!

I wanted to design something cheap .As a solution to those expensive tools
here i used just cheap TTL logic .. and the Ti Tap to avoid dealing with a very complex software interfacing .On top of that Ti doesn't discloses their EMULATORs SDK .. But with an agreement .So to develop those tools you have to be a company on that line of work ..So i need to stick and use their DRIVERS !

hi i need a schematic for xds510 emulator. i did xds100, tms c2000 series boards. so can u pls send me the schematic file as soon as possible.

thanks in advance

Ram

Re: tms320-jtag olimex+schematic

KST said:
Anyone have got the schematic for XDS510 - LPT interface or USB interface ???Could you send me ??? I need programming for DSK of TMS320C5x and I have just received some samples of chips TMS320F2812 from TI.
Mail to: vienthong(at)visl.gov.vn
Thank you very much !

hi i need a schematic for xds510 ... could u pls send me my mail id. mr.ramtce(at)gmail.com

Added after 19 minutes:

hi
sandhya

i need a schematic for xds510. could u pld send me to my mail... mr.ramtce@gmail.com

USB based XDS510

there is a big problem with russian language

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back