Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to design a Yagi Uda microstrip antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahwell

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all, i'm doing a project of designing a Long range 2.4GHz antenna. I'm planning to design a microstrip Yagi Uda antenna.
However, from all the references that i had searched, they only show the design procedures for normal yagi uda antenna but not on microstrip.
Can anyone of you provide me the design procedure for microstrip yagi uda antenna? The calculation of the length and width of reflector, Feed and director, the spacing between them and so on.
Any example of the calculation or design will help.

Waiting for your help and thanks.

What kind of microstrip yagi are you talking about? The normal strip version, just like the wire one but just on substrate? That design process one should be very much alike the wire version.

Or the microstrip patch yagi? I think that one was invented by Huang, you sould look up his papers. But I did some simulations with those, I don't think too much of them as far as efficiency and usability go.

hi roxxon, thanks for ur reply. I want to design a normal strip version. you are talking about the design is actually just like the wire one but just on substate? can you explain further about this?

When you are building your antenna on a substrate I think some parameters like dielectric constant should be taken into account. Even if the design process seems same as the wire version,there must be some important differences...

Reactions: cdtysf

cdtysf

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hi eee100, thanks for your info, i know that the dielectric constant of the substrate have to be taken into account. I need to know how the parameters of substrate taken into normal calculation. Do you know where i could find these formula? Do you have any calculation example? thanks once again for your kindly assist

Hi ahwell,
I don't know how to build it or the formulas. Roxxon said that its very muck like wire version and I just wanted to remind you about other parameters just in case. I was once interested in printed LPDA antennas on microstrip but not yagi-udas. There are some sources for LPDAs but sorry I don't have any information about yagis. I hope you find what you are looking for,good luck.

Hi all, i'm doing a project of designing a Long range yagi uda antenna. I'm planning to design Yagi Uda antenna.
Can anyone of you provide me the design procedure for microstrip yagi uda antenna? The calculation of the length and width of reflector, Feed and director, the spacing between them and so on.

Waiting for your help and thanks.

Added after 1 minutes:

rafatbhatibb said:
Hi all, i'm doing a project of designing a Long range yagi uda antenna. I'm planning to design Yagi Uda antenna.

Waiting for your help and thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back