Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to design a yagi antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freqzt

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hfss yagi

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to design a yagi antenna at 2.4 GHz. What is the best simulator (CST, HFSS, etc.) to simulate this antenna? Thank you.

yagi antenna design software

you need your antenna specification first before you make a decision what kind of antenna will be used. At 2.4 GHz, you might look for quasi-yagi type, it is easier to design the feed network and it can be build on the PCB

pcb yagi antenna

I use sometimes 4nec2 simulator. It is free and easy to use. The problem is that you cant undo. Ive simulated uda-yagi antennas on that SW.

Mario

yagi antenna construction

mar-cas1 said:
I use sometimes 4nec2 simulator. It is free and easy to use. The problem is that you cant undo. Ive simulated uda-yagi antennas on that SW.

Mario

How can I get 4nec2 simulator?

yagi antenna design

in balanis's book, you can find the design procedure for yagi antenna

4nec2 yagi

freqzt said:
Hi all,

Does anyone know how to design a yagi antenna at 2.4 GHz. What is the best simulator (CST, HFSS, etc.) to simulate this antenna? Thank you.

you can refer to book antenna by stutzman. software nec and hfss is better for simulation yaghi antenna.

yagi simulator

i think SuperNec is the best software for esign and simulation of yagi antenna! in this software you can use the structure of yagi without any drawing! such as a circle or rectangular by choozing it from software menues!

2.4 ghz yagi design

freqzt said:
How can I get 4nec2 simulator?
Try here:
**broken link removed**

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:

antena yaghi

Yagi-uda antennas are relatively well understood and there is considerable information about their design available.

I would start by deciding on the size constraints and RF parameters you desire.

Yagi Antenna Design by James L. Lawson might be helpful. It is from the ARRL.

As to design software the best one is probably the one you have and are familiar with.
I routinely use HFSS at work and own a personal seat for occasional consulting. I find that tool particularly useful because it has wide applicability, but it is neither easy to use or inexpensive. That is my "best" software but there are others that may also be selected and used with euqal success. The issue is the hardware and how it performs not which simulator was used to design the antenna.

You may find the cookbook like design information in the above book sufficient.

yagi simulation software

hfss in my opnion will fulfill all ur needs and its also better to simulate yagi uda type antennas, but little time taking while desiging..

yagi uda antenna design software

I agree with you that hfss is powerful. But i think it is not easy to simulate yagi antenna using hfss. Need more effort to simulate it using hfss. Do you have the example of this file or the tutorial of how to simulate yagi antenna using hfss?

yagi antenna simulation

i think that the best software for simulation of wire antenna such as yagi, monopole, dipole, and ...
is superNEC

yagi pcb 2.4

Try pcaad 5.0

Price: $449.00 plus shipping

**broken link removed**

pl

yagi-uda antenna design software

u can download trial 45 days zeland package,using mgrid simulator ,it give good results

eznec yagi 2.4

@mvdeepaknair

Thank you for the example file. I open this file using HFSS 10 and work properly.

design procedures for yagi antenna

One thing to keep in mind is that some of these simulators assume a dielectric (and nonconducting) boom. The diameter of the boom if it is a conductor has a great effect on the gain at a given frequency.

antena yagy 2.4 ghz en circuito impreso

good article about yagi antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back