Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to design a USB charger for mobile phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaw

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
USB charger

Hi,All:
I need to design a USB charger for mobile phone. Anyone has experience about that?

Re: USB charger

I've seen a very simple USB charger. It just links the 5V directly to HP. No circuit needed. And it works well!

regards

i would use a real charger IC, nim-h get really screwed up without current limit and overcharge limit.

as long as the charger doesn't pull more than 500mA (the usb limit i think) any one should be fine. switchers are better than ldo, but it's up to you. try the maxim or linear tech sites

Check this link:

hxxp://www.maxim-ic.com/quick_view2.cfm?qv_pk=4002&ln=

It's an integrated charger from Max*m; if this is not what you need check their products, they have other USB-based chargers.'

Is this method harmful to USB port?
Does it damage USB port?

I have read an article regarding USB universla phone charger in the EDN online magazine. It uses an IC produced by Linear Technologies. I forgot the part number, it starts with LT?????. Connecting directly to the USB port may damage your phone or the port especially if it draws more than the said capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back