Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to design a small RF oscillator ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chai

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
anyone can help me???

I am designing the small rf oscillator which output should be 220Mhz, gain = - 45 dbm, 3.65mvpp. anyone can help me how to design it.. where can i find the oscillator design schematic and calculation..

Re: anyone can help me???

Hi Chai,

You can use class C transistor amplifier design (tha basics) with an LC tank circuit to the collector or may be a crystal.

Where you can find the design and calculations?
A: at the back of our mind...

Well it solely depends on how will you contruct it because there are lots of oscillator circuits, may be you can also use the ICL8038 or LM555 for some reasons and use your basic skills in analysing RLC circuits

Thats all I can do for you...

the_risk_master said:
Well it solely depends on how will you contruct it because there are lots of oscillator circuits, may be you can also use the ICL8038 or LM555 for some reasons and use your basic skills in analysing RLC circuits

Thats all I can do for you...

220MHz & ICL8038/LM555 ?? You will get 100kHz if you are lucky

Look at Odyseus's page for some good examples
**broken link removed**

Below is a typical design I did using the same basic design equations. Included is a plot of the expected output spectrum of this oscillator. Note that I have added a buffer stage.

I want to design a VCO of 5.8GHz using NE3210S01, is it possible to use the same method?

At this high frequencies you will be better off using a ceramic loaded coaxial or DRO design.

**broken link removed**

anyone can help me???

Hi Chai,
I don't know what your osicillator will be used for and what is its requipment. But if you just want an stable, fix and small ( -45dBm) signal, you can easily get it by amplifying the signal of a 55Mhz XO and filtering out the 4* frequncy.
Kayaoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back