Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to design a PCI card or PCI target chip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mystery

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How may i design a PCI card , or any cheap PCI target chip?

pci_xc95144xl.zip

You can use PLX solution. PLX 9052 chip provide a PCI solution in a single chip. Also, you can use a CPLD solution, but is more expensive. For experimental solution view this url: h**p://elmchan.org/works/pci/report_e.html
Regards

designing a PCI card is very easy, just follow the roll
in the PCI standard (2.1 or 2.2).

if you give us more information abut your implementation
we can give you accurate answer.

:wink:

Hi

See also this topic :

h**p://w*w.elektroda.pl/eboard/viewtopic.php?t=20551&highlight=pci

My experience, I use a PLX PCI9050 chip, it works well, and is a solution of U$D15.

Don't try to design your own PCI core, its largest to feet into a CPLD, only in a FPGA will work, and need much knowledge to do it.

You can buy to Xilinx the PCI core, it's around U$D 10000, then use FPGA's that cost U$D 5 to U$D20, so in the FPGA you can put the rest of your application.

In PLX soluttion you must make the logic externaly to interface to your application.

Here is some links:
1. "PCI Target 32-bit/33MHz"
**tp://www.latticesemi.com/support/refdesigns/pcitarget.cfm
2."Simple PCI-controller"
**tp://misyachniy.narod.ru/standart/pci_xc95144xl.zip
3. "PCI FLASH card"
**tp://misyachniy.narod.ru/standart/pci_flash_card.zip

archives...

hello friend,

I've a file that may interest you "pci local bus specifications"... where to upload (aprox. 2.8MB)???

regards,

if i'm not mistaken that file allready was posted in the Ebooks forum?

**broken link removed**

greetz, venz.

Hi,

for those who can't/don'twantto login on Lattice.

greetz, venz.

for fpga pci design.

There is a open source pci ip opencores (www.opencores.org).
I tested it with leon processor, it works fine.

flowers

PCI

Mystery,

If you'r really determined to gain some experience in using PCI, have a look at w**.hardware.elv.de and there PCI-Development-Board (20-372-64)
It's not cheap (about 280 Euro), but nowhere you'll get more then you paid, and a PCI start with 5 or 20 US$, i don't know.

The advance is, you get a complete buy & start board based on PSB 4600(i.e. 24 bit I/O a.s.o. are mounting yet)
Also including is a nice 400 Pages book. You learn a lot about the Win core like WDM, PCI-specs a.s.o., all you need to get your application running.

Robby

if its youre first PCI design ,I strongly recommend you to use PLX chips ,because they are very easy to use and also you won't have much problem in preparing your device driver ,since they give you Jungo WinDriver with support of their chip

Re: PCI prototyping card

Hi,

there is a relative ;-) cheap (EUR 236) PCI Prototype-card (PROTO-2 PCI-Karte) available at:

**broken link removed**

You can also buy only the programmed PCI-Chip (Lattice ispLSI 1032E) for about EUR 39.

The German Elektor Magazin has published an article (Elektor, February 2001, page 16) about this Chip and the above mentioned PCI Prototyping-Card with a complete schematic and a good explanation, as well as the appropriate software.

So one should be able to build up his own PCI I/O card or what ever you want to do with such a card. I use it my self also for own designs and i am very pleased with it.

Hope this will help you.

Max.

Hi,

A copy about the Elektor article can be found here in the forum,
but is there a way to get the PCI core itself for the Lattice chip as well?

Regards,
probert

You can read this book " pci system design"

i send this book with any file later(if you need this)

the pci system artchitecture

Hi
For your request i send the "pci system artchitecture" book ..
I say you before I download this file from another forum and its not mine!!!
If You need any book or pdf about "pci design" i can send more
reagrd

/ Warning #2 - File deleted. This book have already been uploaded. /

Hi,
is the layout realization for plx series pci ic hard?
Regards

There are 3 chip cases. One of them is uBGA.

who can share a refrence design or schematic for PLX PCI 9052?
hock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back