Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to design a microcontroller circuit!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

deah

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
:cry:

anybody could help me have this one??

If you are going for a full design and implementation,
1) Write down the features for the microcontroller you are going to design
2)Design an architecture diagram that could meet with all the features of your microcontroller.
3)write codes in verilog or vhdl for each block in the architecture diagram and simulate it in tools like fpga advantage or synopsis or ncsim.
4)once simulated, it can be synthesized using tools lie precision synthesizer or rtl compiler..

deah

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Actually my projects is the one thermometer sensor..
it's like, we're making a display thermometer..
that thermometer should measure the temperature of the desired area,, and everyone can see it just like a digital clock..
somebody told me to first design a temperature sensitive circuit..
i have been given the diagram and he said i
may interface thst design to a microcontroller circuit that can ADC and drive the LCD display...

how could i make it step by step?
can you help me??

which microcontroller are you using?

first of all, you have to choose all the components you are going to use and then take a look at all components' datasheets.
Secondly, I think it's good if you organize things deciding which uC pin controls what in your application. In your situation, I think it'd be enough just 8 bits for the display (no matter what sort of display you are using) and 1 pin for the ADC (if you choose a uC with internal ADC).
Then, if you already have the sensor circuit, all you have to to is connect the output signal of the sensor circuit to the ADC and (supposing the ADC is inside the uC) the LCD too to the uC.
This is pretty simple. Just don't forget VCC, GND to your circuit and oscillator to the µC.

I hope that helps you:!:

deah

i know it will help me more than much..
thank you..
i appreciate your kindness..
thank you..

don't mention it.
I hope you get to assembly it easily now. :D

deah

okey..