Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to design a matching network using shunt with NEC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfc

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
NEC design problem

Is there any way to design a matching network using shunt elements with an nec based program? It appear that only series loads are allowed. I need a shunt negative reactance to ground at the feed point. I'm using eznec.

rfc

do you really need it in NEC

Do you really need to combine the impedance matching function with the other things you are calculating with NEC?

You can get a tablulated impedance values and then put them into a spread sheet and do your matching there. Just compute Y of the antenna input and then add your reactance and then invert the new Y to Z.

The way I do it is to fine the feed point impedance, then match with a smith chart. I would like to simulate the smith chart answer using NEC to verify the result. Guess I can't!

rfc

Actually you can design the match with an open stub then work backwards with a smith chart to determine capacitance. Just tried it out and it seem to work.

rfc :D

Re

you should separate antenna and match networks, Using Nec, get antenna impedance firstly and design networks using any type smith chart software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back