Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to design a helical structure in CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacedude25

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cst helix modeling

Hi guys,

does anyone know how to design a helical structure in CST? Is it only possible trough exporting from other CAD programs? I found that CST has an example with helical antenna, but i could not figure out how to use that helix model in my own CST project/file.

Thanks!

Added after 2 hours 19 minutes:

I have exported a helix structure from the CST example and tried to modify its parameters (number of turns, conductor diameter, etc.)..........but CST gives a message that exported objects cannot be modified..............but it is CST made object just in another project...............WHAT the hell it does not want to modify it...........

ANY IDEA, guys???

Added after 1 hours 44 minutes:

....how to create a rotation axis in different from the face plane? CST says that rotation axis has to be in working plan, but if the face and axis are on the same plane, it is impossible to create a helix. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

cst macro

Hello spacedude25,

if the helix in the example is suitable for your usage, you can go to
Edit > History list

Click on the very first step and the step. It will show you step by step how the helix is created.

Hope it is useful.

Element7k

hi spacedude,
there is a predefined macro in cst . so you can directly run it and draw the helix you wish to..

Reactions: long88

long88

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hello,

if using macro, i can't change num of turn. you all know how to change it?

or others can share with me the easier way to construct the helical. i try many times
still can't create it only can create if i follow the num in example template
how they calculate the set edge? that's my problem even can edit the template
how can change the radius of helix meaning I want increase the diameter if i am using the template example?

Last edited:

Hi kyg,

just create it yourself.

first of all create ground plane, then
go to Macros > construct > coil > linear coil > then you can put any height, turns, diameter, angle...

Cheers

Reactions: dorsa

V

dorsa

hello
what about the feeding points??
i need to construct a helical antenna linear array ..can any one help me ...like tutorials or examples about helical antennas !!

thanks

---------- Post added at 17:54 ---------- Previous post was at 17:49 ----------

another inquiry how can i open the helical example that came with the CST software??

thanks

Re: cst helix modeling

there is a tutorial in youtube explanes how to construct a helical antenna

just type CST tutorials

as i know its not possible to modify objects being copied from the CST examples
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back