Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to design a divider by 15.8 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdvaRes

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi members,
Please help.

Re: Divide by 15.8

What is your target technology? FPGA? In FPGA dividing by 15.75 is much easier. would you like to describe it?

AdvaRes

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Divide by 15.8

Hi,
The target is a Frequency divider for PLL.

Divide by 15.8

if you dont care the clock jitter, the most easy way is to divide the source clock by 15 and 16 alternately.
For example:
15.8 = 15*0.2+16*0.8, you can divide 20 source cycle by 15, then 80 source cycle by 16, then repeat...

AdvaRes said:
Hi members,
Please help.

I havent tried it because right now i have no time, but one possible way way i think you can do is : " Write a C++ program to approximate the inverse of 15.8 by the series of power of 2 with integer coefficients". After that, just shifting and multiplying. Hope my idea is not wrong.

You should multiply your frequency by 5 and then divide by 79. You will have a divide by 17.8. If you use FPGA DLL you can use this approach. First multiply by 4 and then divide by 63. then you will get a divide by 15.75.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back