Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to design a bandgap circuit that generates 2.1V ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Question

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
About bandgap circuit

I need a bandgap circuit to generate 2.1V voltage in my DAC design. But I have no experience in it.

Plz give me some advice (topology or papers) about designing it.

Thanks.

About bandgap circuit

check any analog books (Razavi's or Allan's) or go to www.circuitsage.com, you will find lots of this kind of circuit

Good Luck!

Re: About bandgap circuit

The ebook in the following link also has a chapter about the bandgap:

**broken link removed**

Ok, I will go to this address.

Tahnks a lot.

Allen book

About bandgap circuit

In general, bangap will generate a voltage of 1.2V.
You can apply the 1.2 to a resistor to generte a current and then use current mirror to enlarger the current by 2.1/1.2. Let the current pass the same resistor you will get 2.1v voltage.

Try to use a resistor devider, you can generate any voltage you want from the 1.25V bg refrence.

Or in the core bandgap voltage generator, you can simply mirror the PTAT current that is generated, and pass it through the required resistor. Of course, do remember that the voltage generated will be temperature dependent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back