Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to design a 10nA DC current source?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bus Master

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there,

I need to design a 10nA DC current source, stable DC output.

Anybody can help?

Thanks in advance.

Yours,

do you need the load referenced to gorund???? If not you can uses this attached circuit

I posted a similar topic few weeks ago.
You can find answers at your question
**broken link removed**

leakage

At these low currents, leakage of components and board surfaces are a major factor. The other problem is measuring your circuit to make sure it works. One way would be a 1 M ohm resistor which would produce a 10 mV drop. Be sure to use a modern meter with 100 M ohm input impeance.

The input bias current of the op amp will disturb the circuit. So will transistor circuits with Ico currents.

The solution used in CMOS is to implement a beta multiplier biased in weak inversion. I made one of this fro biasing a pacemaker circuit. There is no problem to get this currents provided that the temperature range is not so wide, as current is proportional to Vt

Hello guys .
I have just made circuit . But can not prove whether it will work or not .
It uses normal OpAMp and works to the ground (should work ). But
it needs some startup circuit . Working load is Load resistor.
The current is defined by zener diod and R1 diod .

The file is in Circuit Maker format

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back