Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to derive a state diagram based on the PROM data?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Singapura

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I came across some PCBs that use PROMs as state-machines, and am wondering if there is any software that can take the contents of the PROMs to generate a State Diagram or Table of some sort...

Appreciate if anyone can advise on how I can derive a state diagram based on the PROM data. Thanks!

eprom state machine

PROM can only generate next logic and output logic for a state machine,

PROM's address is current state input and other input,

PROM's data is next logic and outputs.

you can read PROM's content and convert them into truth table,

perhaps use some logic reduction tool, you can get the logic that

you wanted.

best regards

Singapura said:
I came across some PCBs that use PROMs as state-machines, and am wondering if there is any software that can take the contents of the PROMs to generate a State Diagram or Table of some sort...

Appreciate if anyone can advise on how I can derive a state diagram based on the PROM data. Thanks!

PROM State-Machine

It is tough, try to use Agilent logic analyzer, to capture the wiveform, then I gues modelsim from Mentor will make you happy

All the best

Added after 2 seconds:

It is tough, try to use Agilent logic analyzer, to capture the wiveform, then I gues modelsim from Mentor will make you happy

All the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back