Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to define the resolution of a latch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

melodyseu

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I don't know how to define the resolution of a Latch. Dose it define from Vswing/A, A is the latch dc gain or some way else?
Thanks very much:D

I think it's the offset.
of cause, it's in a allowed time.

Well, DC offset is one fundamental limit, but since the latch is allowed only a limited time to resolve the input, you should also consider the minimum input amplitude that will cause it to settle to the full swing within a limited time.

Latch structure has infinite DC gain.But Latch has large random offset.As a example,we will use preamplifier for the latch and its random offset can be cancelled by the preamp.You should arrange the settling time seperately for the preamp and the latch to get the smallest settling time.You can find some solutions from a paper by P.R.Gray.But I cannot recall its name clearly.

Status
Not open for further replies.