Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to define ports in CST/HFSS for this loop antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowland

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, all
i have truble in define ports for simulation this loop antenna!
the antenna is placed on a FR4 board (it is not a microstrip! but a conductor wire placed on a dielectric board), point 1,2 are the feeding point conneted to a difference signal source ,so how to define the ports?

In CST your best bet ist to use the discrete port. Select the two points and then insert a discreter port with an impedance of 50ohm, or whatever you need, and you're away.

HFSS has something similar but i can't recall what they're called (lumped ports??)

I have tried useing a lumped port but i did't got the right answer,.
I thinks you didnot get the point of my question ,so i post the whole circuits here , please pay attension to the connection between the antenna and the chip!
please see my attachment below ,
thanks you guys anyway.
:cry::D
i am using CST with a multipin waveport to define the feeding line , i am trying to make the port to be a differential port. but i still can't get a promising solution.
anybody can help me ?

please pay attension to meshing size in discret port,
and discret port size must is small, within a mesh.

but i simulated it about your file antenna , NRF401 chip. use IE3D ,result is right.

Thanks JimLiu, but could you tell me the detail ?

Added after 32 minutes:

should i define two discret port at point 1 and point 2 ? or just define 1 discret port connect 1,2?

you can define one port with discret port, or define teo ports ,but per port conect ground.

snowland

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
i mean in my question can i define just one port?

hi, JimLiu
I still get confused with the definition of lumped port
could you help me modify my CST modle ?
i attatched the file below!
thank you so much !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back