Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to define an ideal switch in the Hspice

Status
Not open for further replies.

winsonpku

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hspice ideal switch

i am designing a switched-capacitor circuit,to ease the design,i want to use the ideal switch,who can tell me how to do it?! thanks first!

hspice switch

check this

winsonpku

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
ideal switch hspice

you can use the G element. such as:

Gnmos d s VCR NPWL(1) g s LEVEL=1 0.4v,150g 1v,10meg 2v,50k 3v,4k 5v,2k

the meaning is referenced by Hspice manual.

switch hspice

Hi.
as jiangwp said, ideal switch is defined as follows :

gsw sin sout VCR PWL(1) clk 0 0,1e7 vdd,1m

where "sw" is the arbitrary name of our switch. "sin" and "sout" are input and output nodes of the switch (however, there is no difference between input and output nodes so you can change the sequence of their difinition.) "VCR" is a keyword which you must write in the switch syntax. "PWL" difines the shape of variation between Ron and Roff of the switch. "clk" is clock of the ideal switch and the following "0" is the reference of "clk". "0,1e7" means, when signal is greater than (or equal to) 0 V the resistance of the switch equals 1e7 ohms and "vdd,1m" means, when signal goes to vdd (or become greater than that) the resistance of the switch equals 1m ohms.

Regards,
EZT

ideal switch in hspice

vcvs in analogLib

how to model ideal switch in hspice

You can also use SWITCAP to design a SC circuit. This program uses all ideal elements and is good for a first cut design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back