Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to decrease the noise from I/O Pads in design of LNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

orley

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
A problem encountered in my design of LNA.

The layout have finished and post-simulation is well.But the NF is bad when I add the models of I/O Pads into the post-simulation.

what can I do?How to get the ideal NF?

Thanks in advance!

The parasitics introduced by the I/O pads detune your LNA from the conjugate of Γ-optimum.
In your simulation you have to tune your LNA for best NF with these pads interconnected to your circuit.

There is not olny detuning but the PAD-IO model add substrate resistive loos to the input circuit. If you can select a PAD with metal shield under PAD metal it improve your NF.

Thanks for the explain of above, but could you tell me in detail?for example ,how to get best NF ?

Thanks a lot !

May be, you must remake your LNA design with I/O pad model. That's better

when u design LNA , u always design the input matching network for Γ optimum
which mean that it is the best input impedance for the noise matching this gives you the minimum noise figure

but u must take into account the model of the pad , the bond wire , and the package , and modify ur matching network with the new elements that have been added

wish this help

khouly

Make sure you are not using I/O pads for digital signals and bias from your design kit library. They contain ESD diodes and resistors that will kill your NF.

i think most of the design kits right now include pads for RF and analog circuits if the kit doesn't include these pads , so u have to create the Pads by ureself so u can control the capacitance of these pads

wish this help

khouly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back