Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to decode object files

Status
Not open for further replies.

rednewguy

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to decode .obj files

i am using Dev-c++ editor and it uses gcc compiler. I gave an instruction system("PAUSE"); This is obviously a linux command, but i am giving it in windows. What windows API will this instruction call into. How to find them and how to decode the object files.

The C "system" function asks the host operating system to execute the specified command, so system("PAUSE") should do whatever your operating system normally does when you run the "PAUSE" command. In Windows, it probably calls the "system" function in msvcrt.dll.

I'm not sure what you mean by "decode the object files". If you want to see the assembler source code for your compiled C function, run gcc with the -S option.

rednewguy

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
echo47 said:
I'm not sure what you mean by "decode the object files".

What i meant to ask is "Is it possible to say what api's are called by my program by seeing the .obj file?"

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back