Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to decide the dc output point of an opamp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

didibabawu

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Someone tell me that when it is high gain,there is no special consideration. But when it is low gain such as 6dB, We must consider the output point,
Can anybody tell me something about that?
thank you very much.

can u state your question little more clearly.... what are you referring here as output point of an opamp.....

A.Anand Srinivasan said:
can u state your question little more clearly.... what are you referring here as output point of an opamp.....
I mean the dc point of the output.

i think you are talking about the dc value that comes out in the output along with the desired AC signal.... actully that dc value is just the gain times the dc value in the input signal.........

It is because of the saturaton point.

usually, it's in the center of Vdd and Vss. this will lead to maximum output swing.

when you amp gain is only 6dB, the output impedance must be very small, so the dc is set by the current and the small load( eg. resistance)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back