Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to decide die size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xv_ning999

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
If I have a area report from DC,which tell the cell area and internect area. for example, total cell area is 150000 um2 and interconnect area is 2000000, how can I figure out my die size from this report? Can it be just cell area or cell area plus interconnect area and multiplied by a factor?please help me and thanks in advance

Die size is normally defined by the size and number of IO cells which are used and if you choose pad or core limited IO's. To get a proper result, and see if there is enough room to do the placement and routing, you will pretty much have to shove it into the place and route tool and see what results you get. I don't know of any easier way around that just by going from synthesis results.

jelydonut

The area from DC is only the number of the cell and connect with including into the chip, the area according as it shall have a big error.
If need the accurate area report, you must do the P&R.

Hi
You must consider cost and yield too.

tnx

3 factors contribute to the overall die area:

1. the circuitry contains
2. scribe streets separating adjacent dice
3. rings of pads round it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor